Search This Blog

10.22.2009

Lab Time

I've mentioned I am a scientist.  As such, I work in a lab, I wear a lab coat and gloves all day, everyday.  Therefore, I don't have much use for fashion.  But, I love fashion...so I look at it, and admire it, but I rarely buy fashion.  At work, I must wear closed-toe shoes.  Pants and ponytails, or other up-do, are preferred.  One must don safety glasses and respirators from time to time, and you are almost certain to get some sort of corrosive on your shirt or shoes, eventually.  So, what's a girl to wear?  Geek Chic 2.0.  Computer Geeks and Gamers have defined Geek Chic for years.  But, I am noticing a subtle shift from Computers and Gamers, to biologists and chemists.  (Follow the link to see some great pieces found on Etsy).  Perhaps the life sciences aren't replacing the Silicon sciences as a definition of Geek Chic, but rather there is room in the ethos for both types; niches within a niche industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment