Search This Blog

10.09.2009

Remarkable Read

100 THINGS TO DO WHEN YOU ARE UPSET, by Galadarling.com.  I googled "stuff to read if you're sad" and it was my first result.  Yea Google, just what I was looking for.  Just like it sounds, it is a list of 100 small things that will make you feel better.  Out of the 100, probably 50 include buying something...which I try not to do when blue.  The one purchase that I say is OK, especially if you coincide it with an interview, or a date, or something where you should look fab.  wander around the drug store and buy a small beauty enhancer; a $1 facial mask, or a happy color of Wet 'n' Wild nail polish.

Coincidentally, Gala picks some of my most favorite activities, such as:
"Find a secret place with a great view. Like a tree, or a rooftop, or a hill."
"Indulge in your “guilty pleasures”, whatever they are. (Old episodes of America’s Next Top Model, ginger ale, chocolate cake, romantic comedies, etc.)"--for me, it's Real Housewives of OC and Millionaire Matchmaker.
She makes me think of some things I haven't done, but will try:
"Write the birthdays of your personal heroes in your planner & work out a way to honour them on that day."
"Look through old photos. With a friend if possible. If it’s an old friend, you can reminisce (“Oh my god, do you remember when we did that?!”), & if it’s a new friend, you can tell grand stories (“Well, let me tell you about this guy…”)."


Some of my favorites that didn't make the list: sitting on the coast scanning the horizon for dolphin.  Although, I haven't seen a dolphin all year.  Wonder why?  I often walk my dog along the coast.  That would be another one of my favorite sadness busters.  Others?  Playing fetch with my dog, reading a magazine, reading anything really, picking a bouquet while walking through my neighborhood, hiking to the top of a mountain, wearing my favorite crazy heels), or cooking a whole meal.
(The awesome photo it courtesy of Harper's Bazaar, featuring Tim Burton, via CocoPerez.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment