Search This Blog

9.24.2009

National Punctuation Day

I have no idea whether or not it really is National Punctuation Day, but the Huffingtonpost has a great punctuation quiz (click here to try it) in honor of the day, be it real or not.  I got TWO right, what an embarassment.  At least I wasn't an English major, and I haven't really studied punctuation since, maybe, 11th grade.  Now, as I type, I pause over every comma.  The quiz is especially difficult, I thought, because it is about current events, so that names are real and the sentences are complex.  Is it just me?  Try it out and tell me how you did.  Does anyone know the right answers?  That is the only thing that is missing from the quiz.

Oops, I noticed in the comments below the quiz this amusing exchange. 



Darn, I was counting on my being a scientist as exactly that, an excuse.  Is this quiz really possible?  Did anyone get a good score?

No comments:

Post a Comment