Search This Blog

9.20.2009

Weekend Picnic

Today is my dear friends birthday.  She has coordinated a picnic at one of her favorite spots; Alex's Red Barn in Temecula wine country.  We will start with tasting.  This vineyard has a fixed tasting menu: $10 for 6 types of wine.  The website says we will have:
Old-vine Sauvignon Blanc

Old-vine Cabernet Sauvignon
OId-vine Johannisberg Riesling
Solera style Sherry
Viognier
Syrah
Grenache 
 
I will let you know what they tasts like in a later post.  After tasting we will picnic by the creek at the edge of the vineyard.  For those of you who are unfamiliar with Temecula, it is hot.
Here is today's weather snippet off of iGoogle: 
Oh good, it will only be 92.  I'm going to wear a roman style sun dress that is oxblood jersey, empire waist, knee length.  I hope there will be shade.  Maybe I will wear my Del Mar hat.  Every year, for opening day of the Del Mar horse races, is hat day.  All the ladies wear their finest hats, sundresses, and killer shoes, men wear suits.  So, I have an opening day hat, a big orange floppy straw number.  I might wear that.  I don't know that I care for hats.  They seem to make my head very hot, although they provide personal shade...I can't decide if they are good or bad.  They're fun once in a while.  But I usually lean towards deeming them more effort than they're worth, they ruin my hairstyle and make my forehead sweaty.  Maybe the hat will stay home.


No comments:

Post a Comment