Search This Blog

9.25.2009

Remarkable Read


Here is a link to a new site I found, Style Rookie.  It is hosted by a tween fashionista who actually gets to go to fashion shows.  She has been profiled on MSN, in the New York Times and other media outlets.  It reminds me of when I was that age...I would wear anything.  I got all my clothes at thrift stores, so there weren't any Christian Siriano skirts in my closet (like Tavi is wearing in the picture to the left).  But, my favorite outfit was a brown polyester dress with a checkered peter pan collar.  The dress had 6 inch cowboys all over it, actually, I think they were cowgirls and they had lassos that went all over the dress.  I would pair it with black and white striped tights and wooden ski boots.  Now that I am nearly 30, I tend more towards the outfits on another one of my favorite reads, Fell4Fashion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment